TIG Welder (certified AWS D17.1)
If you’re looking for a career within a dynamic company poised for success, if you’re incredibly motivated, and if “impossible” isn’t in your vocabulary, then we have just the place for you.
What you’ll do:
- Set-up and layout jobs using blueprints, diagrams and fixtures following welding procedures to TIG weld in all positions.
- Inspects, maintains and logs preventative maintenance on equipment needed for welding and fabricating.
- Sets up machines according to work instructions to trim, size, form, inspect, and GTAW (TIG weld) material to meet fabrication drawing requirements.
- Drawing review and compliance for final dimensions, weld note callouts, base material and filler material selection.
- Solvent cleaning, trimming, sizing and polishing to prepare weld joints for welding
- Tack welding, fabrication of shop aids and fixtures to assist fabrication and welding
- Lean Manufacturing, general housekeeping, work in a teaming environment, 6S, providing support to other departments as necessary (may include non-welding tasks).
- Daily compliance to customer drawings and specifications to maintain aerospace Quality Standards.
- Complies with internal quality system and regulatory requirements
- Maintains qualification for welding certifications.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment at end of shift.
- Follows all business policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your ideal background:
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required or equivalent
- Ability to pass TIG welding assessment and become certified on required alloy/joint combinations
- Ability to read/write/speak ideally both English and French
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Requires minimal supervision to plan and schedule workload according to production schedule to meet manufacturing needs.
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements.
What you’ll need:
- Good attention to detail and eye/hand coordination skills.
- Uses mathematical and reading skills.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and work instructions.
- Near vision acuity shall be of 20/30 or better in either eye, with or without corrective lenses.
10 reasons why you should join the M1 Composites team:
- Competitive salary;
- Employee benefits/insurance;
- Training to accelerate your development & unlock your full potential;
- Opportunity for advancement;
- Clean working environment;
- A dynamic team in a growing business ready for success;
- Passionate, dedicated, hardworking, and happy colleagues;
- Respectful workplace;
- Bonus system;
- You have a future & you matter to us!
Full Time: 40 hours/week
Please send your resume to :