Position: Engineering Manager
About M1 Composites Technology
Are you an ambitious, well-rounded engineer? Are you passionate about aeronautics? Would you enjoy inspiring and leading a highly motivated and dedicated team of engineers? Does the idea of working on solutions to Airbus aircraft, Boeing aircraft and many military/civilian aircraft get you excited? Do not pass up this rare opportunity to apply for the Engineering Manager position.
M1 Composites is a leader in the engineering, manufacturing and repair of composite and metallic structures for the commercial and military aviation industry. Any damaged part that can be removed from an aircraft and sent to us, we will repair it!
Our mission is to provide quality, fast turnaround and innovative and reliable solutions to our customers. Eager to make this expertise shine, we all work together to support the growth of our operations.
Purpose of the Engineering Manager
The Engineering Manager is the leader of the engineering team. He plays an essential role in the realization of the company's vision. He is the one who oversees the progress of our engineering projects for our clients, and who is present to support the team. Through his knowledge, expertise and leadership, he manages and supports the engineering team and contributes to its growth.
- Act as a leader for the Engineering Department.
- Ensure the development and professional growth of his or her team to meet current and future engineering challenges.
- Meet Transport Canada criteria for DAR delegation.
- Maintain a global view of the department's activities on repair, manufacturing and parts projects.
- Identify and establish department priorities and assign projects to his or her team.
- Maintain collaboration with colleagues in other departments in order to propose appropriate repair solutions to our customers.
- Ensure continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures.
Engineering Department Development:
- Serve as a mentor to his or her team of engineers.
- Define the training needs of his or her team.
- Plan de manpower needs of his or her team.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering.
- The experience required to successfully meet the challenges of this position.
- Meet Transport Canada’s criteria for the DAR delegation.
- Knowledge and experience working with AMO/MRO and TCCA DAO organizations.
- A person with a passion for aeronautics who lead by example and committed to the vision of the company.
- Bilingual English and French, both spoken and written.