About M1 Composites
M1 Composites is a leader in the engineering, manufacturing, and repair of composite and sheet metal structures for the commercial and defense aviation industry. M1 is a trusted supplier to major airlines and government operators. Our team of highly specialized engineers and technicians have the chance to work on a wide range of aircraft types. This gives them a unique and exciting experience within the industry.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced person to join our MRO team. As a Project Lead, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and coordinating various MRO and manufacturing projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest industry standards.
The Project Lead is the principal point of contact for the customer, oversees the contractual obligations and manages customer satisfaction. The role comes with a lot of exposure in the company and beyond when called upon to lead RFPs/RFQs.
- Managing manufacturing projects from RFQs/RFPs to delivery.
- Managing MRO orders from customers.
RFPs and RFQs:
- Produce estimates for RFP, RFQ, etc. for new and existing clients.
- Plan and control execution as per schedule.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts (terms and conditions) and agreements to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Perform regular reviews of project status with managers.
- Monitor earned value of the project evolution (budget spent vs work completed).
- Define recovery actions, identify risks, critical path and mitigate impact.
- Monitor completion of the project up to invoicing stage, gather feedback from the customer based on service provided and produce post-mortem when required.
Customer Account Management:
- Build and maintain long-lasting customer relationships.
- Manage the customers’ MRO orders.
- Identify new business opportunities among existing customers.
Your ideal background:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in aerospace.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to multitask and work with limited supervision.
- Successful experience in Project Management with proven interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) a very big asset.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual French and English.