Position: Aerospace Technician
Founded in 2012, M1 has quickly become a leader in the engineering, fabrication and refurbishment of composite and metallic material structures for the commercial and military aviation industry. M1 demonstrates agility, a proven track record of providing quality, fast turnaround times, and innovative and reliable solutions.
Join a growing team!
If you want to work for a dynamic and growing company, if you are highly motivated, if the word 'impossible' does not exist in your vocabulary, M1 has the job for you!
- Assist in the development and interpretation of plans, drawings and specifications, and technical documentation to provide repair solutions to production.
- Write reports.
- Assist in the design of repairs to composite and sheet metal aerospace structures.
- Perform inspections and support repair stress analysis (including DTA and fatigue).
- Collaborate on repair inspection and certification (TCCA OAC, FAA. EASA, etc.).
- Technical liaison with internal stakeholders (production, procurement, business development, quality, etc.).
- Technical liaison with external stakeholders (customer, suppliers, manufacturers, etc.).
- Assist other departments with technical training and R&D.
- Take charge of various testing and certification projects.
- Participate in the development of repair processes and continuous improvement.
- Perform other related tasks.
- Two (2) or three (3) year College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Aerospace Engineering.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a Mechanical Engineering Technician or Aerospace Engineering Technician.
- Excellent knowledge of composite and sheet metal aerospace structures.
- Good knowledge of aircraft repair documentation.
- Good knowledge of aircraft certification.
- Good knowledge of CAD systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience working with AMOs/MROs and Transport Canada TCAC.
- Dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic person.
- Good analytical skills.
- Professional, meticulous, results-oriented, versatile and autonomous.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and manuals.